Head out into the wonder of nature at Prairie Patch Farm with a llama by your side!
- Llama hikes are seasonal-April-December with a break in July-August due to heat. (For a chance to see the llamas during this time please visit our Picnic & Llamas Experience)
- Fall 2021 Hikes are SOLD OUT!
What to expect:
- This one-of-a kind experience is 90 minutes with 15 minutes in the barn learning about the animals, their history, care, handling, and uses today
- Maximum of 10 people will be on the Public Group Hike, maximum of 10 persons on a Private Group Hike
- Five Llamas are available for each hike, in some instances you may have to share a llama/alpaca
- We then head out for a 50 minute hike (stops at your leisure for rests, photos and enjoyment)
- The hike is about 1.5 miles on our private 50-acre Nature Preserve & Wildlife Refuge.
- The trails consist of wide mowed paths around our 7 tall grass prairies, through woodland trails, and over a shallow creek crossing that leads up and around a large cedar grove with tree tunnels
- Check out our trail map here
What to bring and wear:
- Closed toed shoes are required and long pants are highly recommended
- Comfortable hiking clothes and attire for season may include hat, gloves, jacket or a rain poncho please note we do not allow umbrellas
- Signed liability waiver printed or emailed
Public Group Hike Rates & Other Info:
- Rates are $39 per person for a public group hike
- This experiences is wonderful for all ages!
- Kids ages 3-9 are required to share a llama with an adult and kids 2 and under are free and must be accompanied by an adult
- We hike rain or shine however, conditions including high wind, high heat, lightening, ice, and snow are grounds for cancellation of experience
- If cancellation occurs due to weather you will be fully refunded and may be offered a time to reschedule
Private Group Hikes & Rates:
- We offer Private Group Hikes
- Kids 2 and under are free and not part of the person count
- Fall Dates will be available to book on August 18th at Noon CST
- Rates (*subject to change)
- $150 private hike for 1-4 persons
- $200 private hike for 5-7 persons
- $250 private hike for 8-10 persons